Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wool Watch caps and B'inessmen

Two sightings yesterday at a conference on a college campus.


Wool Watch Cap. I see a young man. Like a good number of young men today, he's doughy in appearance.. . . meaning that he's probably about 20 lbs overweight and has no muscle tone. Starting at the top:

• A maroon "watch cap" pulled over the ears but in the shape of the "Cone Head" characters from SNL. I-pod ear buds are plugged into his hidden ears. It's 80 degrees out . . . I'm guessing it's cold out for him.

• Gray Tee-Shirt with the faded, washed-out emblem of some band that is stretched across the beginning of a "do" (see this url for the full description of what I'm talking about: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dicky%20do ).

• A kids Backpack that barely fits. You can see the straps digging into his shoulders.

• Next are the plaid shorts. They appear Burberryesque but aren't quite.

• Then, the "Whale Belly White" of his hairy legs that draw your eyes down to the stark contrast of his black, yes, I said black low cut socks. Feet are encased in what at one time may have been low top Converse's

• A "chick magnet" . . . . . although I'm thinking that his polarization is off.

The B’inessman. Meeting is designed as a networking opportunity. At the end of the presentation we have the usual milling around to discuss possible business opportunities when I am stopped in my tracks. This guy is probably retired military since the meeting is close to a military installation. Starting at the top:

• He needs a haircut . . . . either that, or he needs to stop cutting his own hair.

• Facial hair . . . . needs attention..

• The suit looks like it's gray double breasted and, why yes, it is. It looks like he and it were probably in style about a good 15 years ago.

• Nice shoes, but over the top for the this outfit.

• Now for what made me stop. He's wearing a black and white flannel, button down collar shirt, with a bright red tie that barely makes it over the "do" (See above for the "do" explanation).

• As I've said to my children "I wanna look just like him when I grow up."

Happy Travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment