Monday, April 5, 2010

Good Friday Travel Part 4

A continuation of the muses I had while traveling on Good Friday.That's it.  Heading to a conference this week, unfortunately no airports, but I'm sure that I'll have a few things to ponder.

Cool, or Uncool? So, riddle me this. I'm going to describe what I saw and you can tell me if it's cool, or uncool. Remember, I don't make this stuff up, it's what I see.


     • Fanny Packs. Cool or not? The one I saw was worn by a 40ish male in painted on Levi's, skin tight tee-shirt, leather cowboy hat ala Don Williams era (http://www.starpulse.com/Music/Williams,_Don/ ), a beat up pair of Bruno Magli loafers and a pair of Oakley sunglasses.
     • Matching Shirts. Or sweaters, or sweat-suits, take your pick. And it's not from a company’s logo or a sports team. It's meant to be "cute". Cool or not?
     • Wearing your Sunglasses on the back of your head. Male, early 60's. He's got money because the jeans, shirt and blazer he's wearing probably cost him the equivalent of the GDP of a third world country. Cool, or uncool?
     • Tats. The one I'm looking at is brand new and on the calf of a guy who looks like a 45 year old version of the character Alan Garner in The Hangover. . . . the heavy one with the beard. This guy is sporting a Curley Howard Stooge haircut. I'm thinking that alcohol and maybe "Roofies" were involved with the dragon? on his calf. Cool or not?


Gate/Aircraft Etiquette. Here are some things that help to increase the old BP when you are stuck in the “belly of the beast” we call airline travel:


     • Exiting the aircraft. After you land, why is it that about 1/2 of the flight stops just beyond the check-in counter to adjust their bags, look aimlessly at signs, or for no apparent reason? Drives me up the wall.
     • Boarding The Flight. I love it when Zone 7 stands in the way of Zones 1 through 6 as they try to get on the plane. You don't get there any faster by blocking the way.
     • Overhead Storage. From time to time, I will upgrade (I pay). As I get on, I see some guy putting his shit on my side, filling up the space above me. Also see those who are in the last row take space in front of everyone else. Arrogant asses.

That's it for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment