Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Back In The Air

     OK Boy's and Girls, I'm back on the road again.  You can tell that the Summer travel season is over and the deluge of  fashionista's from the lunatic  fringe has dried up.  However, an astute observer can still pick out a few nuggets.  Like this past Friday in that wonderful ring of Hell known as the Atlanta Heartsfield-Jackson International Airport. 
     In the past, I've made mention of the teenage girls who travel with all their bedding (pillows the size of Rhode Island) and in their pajama's.  Well, I can now say that this is not a female only phenomenon.  Friday I saw a man in his early 30's, overdue for a hair styling and hadn't seen a razor in three weeks.  He was wearing a pair of faded, and I truly do mean faded, pajama bottoms.  At one point they had been close to Navy Blue in color with - - - - Homer Simpson and other Simpson's characters printed on them (see below).


But, seeing as how he was traveling, he thought he would dress up.  Above the faded Homer's, he was wearing a brand spanking new black Transformers Tee.  How could I tell?  Still had the fold creases and a sales tag on it.
Propelling him down to his departure gate were a pair of men's clogs . . . well-used I might add.

     However, in the distance we could hear the 'clickity-clack' of someone coming down the thru-way. That could only mean one thing . . . . A woman in high heels. (I suppose it could have been a man, but chances are that it'll be a woman.) Anyway, today, we get to see shoes that defy the laws of physics . . . . especially when one considers the volume of weight that is immediately above the pressure points in those shoes. Figuring the pounds per square inch pressure would be an engineering problem that I'm sure the folks from Georgia Tech could cypher on for a right long time.







     More adventures the next time I spot something.

No comments:

Post a Comment